Explore the Arts and Express Yourself
REFLECTIONS, a nationally recognized arts appreciation and awards program for students, proudly sponsored by the National PTA, comes alive each Fall. This program offers students opportunities for recognition and a gateway to the arts, fostering their confidence and overall success in both artistic endeavors and life.
Annually, over 300,000 students spanning from Pre-K through Grade 12 craft original artworks in response to a theme they select themselves. With over half a century of history, this program empowers students to delve into their thoughts, emotions, and ideas, cultivating artistic literacy, enhancing self-assurance, and igniting a passion for learning that paves the way for greater achievement in academics and life beyond.
REFLECTIONS inspires students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative imaginations through their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Harness critical thinking skills to craft art inspired by the yearly theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
Join us in celebrating the artistic journey and self-expression of our students through REFLECTIONS.
Click here to see the winners of the 2022 – 2023 Reflections Art Program.
The theme for the 2023-24 REFLECTIONS Arts Program has been revealed as:
“I am Hopeful Because…”
Students are invited to unleash their creativity by submitting their completed artworks in one or more of the available arts categories:
- Dance Choreography: For more information about this category, click here.
- Film Production: For more information about this category, click here.
- Literature: For more information about this category, click here.
- Music Composition: For more information about this category, click here.
- Photography: For more information about this category, click here.
- Visual Arts: For more information about this category, click here.
- Special Artist Division: For more information about this category, click here.
Please ensure all entries are submitted by the deadline of October 13, 2023.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Have your child come up with an original idea for their entry around this year’s theme “ I am hopeful because …”.
- Please note that this year all entries must be submitted via this online form and must not exceed 1GB in file size.
- Click the link to complete and submit the entry form online: ONLINE SUBMISSION ENTRY FORM
- Entry is due October 13, 2023.
For further inquiries about the program or if you would like to volunteer for the committee, please email our Reflections Chair, Stephanie Carton at [email protected]
For further information, visit: https://www.fourthdistrictpta.org/reflections/
For more information on the National PTA Program: Reflections Arts Program | National PTA